PRAYAS Social Welfare Society
PRAYAS Social Welfare Society (PRAYAS SWS), is purely a Non Govt. Social service regd. organization (NGO) having a non political, non religious and non commercial character.
Prayas SWS is Mainly Engaged in
- Imparting completely free education to children belonging to economically weaker section of the society, currently more than 7000 are getting absolutely free education in 70 prayas centers. Prayas aims to provide quality education to as many as children year after year.
- Prayas is making thousands of poor and destitute ladies stand on their feet through vocational courses like tailoring, knitting & embroidery.
- Running health care program for poor and deprived ones through Six charitable dispensaries including one homeopathic dispensary.
- Prayas also organizes free health check-up camps, blood donation camps time to time.
- Computer Education – Basic computer education has been made part of the syllabus from class VI onwards.
Source of Funding
All our programs are donation based and we have been running our activities with the kind contributions from the public since the inception of the society i.e. (20 Sept 1999).
Prayas sws is going through a phase of expansion in all like education, skill training, and health care. To achieve what prayas sws dreams about, we need a helping hand that contributes for the betterment of the society and helps Prayas sws reach its vision and mission.
Tax Exemptions for Donation
Donation to our society is eligible for 50% of tax exemption under section 80G of IT Act, 1961, and 100 % Tax exemption under section 35AC of IT Act 1961.
Donations are also accepted in foreign currency as the society is regd. under FCRA, 1976.
To empower children and women of economically weaker sections of the society by providing them opportunities and helping them be healthy, literate and skilled citizens of the world.
To provide education, healthcare clean environment, vocational training free of cost to children (especially girl child), women of all caste and creed belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society to help them lead empowered lives with dignity and respect.